Bad construction is one of the main causes of foundation issues. If your home's foundation is poorly framed, it can cause inconvenient and dangerous damage after some time. CNT Foundations will give a free, no-commitment assessment in Charleston for foundation repairs in the event that you fear that your foundation issues are caused by improper framing. Call 843-405-7022 today to make a meeting with our committed group of contractors.
How do I know whether my house was improperly framed?
When your house was being built, the contractor should have tested the soil to find the best sort of foundation framing and footing to support the weight of your house. Your foundation may settle and move after some time if the dirt can't carry its weight. Improper framing with undersized wood or overspanned beams is among the most widely recognized reasons for foundation issues and ought to be analyzed quickly by an expert. You can tell if your home was improperly framed by searching for symptoms like:
- Drooping or creaky floors that are caused by insufficient support
- Cracking drywall caused by expansive soil underneath your foundation's footer or overspanned framing
- Foundation sinking or settlement because of poor support from your footer
- A tilting chimney caused by foundation settlement
- Doors and windows sticking because of foundation shifts
Regardless of whether you are hoping to repair or replace your foundation, CNT Foundations can provide solutions for your repair needs. Our experts in Charleston will inspect your foundation and give a free assessment for recommended repairs. Call 843-405-7022 today and let CNT Foundations secure your home so you spend your energy on what really matters – the future.