Crawl Space Drains
A crawl space drain can help keep flood waters from damaging your crawl space and foundation. A flooded crawl space can cause serious structural problems like wooden beams that will rot when they take on moisture. Additionally, moist air encourages mold and mildew growth that is unhealthy for you and your family.
Installing A Drain Pipe
At CNT Foundations, we can install a crawl space drain by:
- Excavating a shallow trench around your crawl space interior below the footing
- Install a perforated pipe into the trench
- Surround the pipe with rocks
- Connect the pipe to the drain at the crawl space’s lowest point
- Allow water to drain naturally or encourage the process with a sump pump to expel water from the crawl space
Call CNT Foundations today at 843-405-7022 to find out more about how we install crawl space drains.